SALEM, OR –Incite Inc, is announcing the third and final of three forums held to create the next regional workforce strategic plan for Linn, Marion, Polk and Yamhill counties that helps form regional solutions to workforce and industry challenges. The strategic plan is also initiated as a part of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) and will bring investment dollars to the region in the areas specified through the 2016-2020 strategic plan.
The public is invited to attend and encouraged to be active in these discussions to educate the Workforce Board in regional workforce challenges through expertise and dialogue. Potential interest groups for these discussions may be business owners, employers, educational institutions, workforce system staff, job seekers, economic development and community partners.
The third planning meeting will be held at 7:30am on November 6th, 2015 at the Keizer Civic Center located at 930 Chemawa Rd NE Keizer, Oregon 97303. A panel will be present to testify on their knowledge and experience of the workforce system as well voice their concerns and potential solutions for improvement. Breakout sessions will ensue to for individuals to discuss goals and strategies around interdependence and innovation for consideration of the Workforce Board to make a recommendation on throughout the strategic planning process.
Subsequent meetings will address effectiveness measures, accountability, continuous improvement measures, use of technology in the workforce system, economic development, entrepreneurial services and employer engagement activities. Meeting dates and times are available at inciteworks.org and will continue to be announced in future press releases.
The following draft goals and strategies for discussion are:
- Increase collaboration, education and common understanding within the local workforce system
- Educate service providers on various programs and resources
- Celebrate system-wide successes
- Build continuous improvement in the local workforce system through transparency, innovation and adaptability
- Improve use of technology within the system
- Provide clear and transparent communication throughout system
- Implement a system-wide balanced scorecard for accurate measurements and outcomes